The Infosys Science Foundation congratulates Esther Duflo for being conferred with the Princess of Asturias Award for Social Sciences
Prof. Esther Duflo, Infosys Prize 2014 Social Sciences winner, and Abdul Latif Jameel Professor of Poverty Alleviation and Development Economics, Department of Economics, MIT, and Founder and Director, Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab, Cambridge, USA, was recently announced the winner of the Princess of Asturias Award for Social Sciences. Each of the Princess of Asturias Awards comprises a Joan Miró sculpture –representing and symbolizing the Awards, a cash prize of 50,000 euros, a diploma and an insignia. The awards will be presented in the autumn in Oviedo at a grand ceremony chaired by TM The King and Queen of Spain.
BlogsMapping the politics of cartography
Increasingly, we use the Internet to find immediately useful - local, time-sensitive - information: not just "Who invented Pasta?" but also "What's a good Italian place nearby, how do I get there, how long is it open, and will it deliver?".
- God, Picasso and Databases
- In the next 5-10 years, there will be an enormous number of new reagents to cure cancer
- Infosys felicitates six researchers and scientists
- Sanskrit is still important: Amartya Sen
- Two women feature in Infosys Prize 2014 list
- Murthy pitches for higher autonomy to educational institutions