Privacy Statement for www.infosys-science-foundation.com
Infosys Technologies Ltd. has created this privacy statement for the Infosys Science Foundation in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following are our information gathering and dissemination practices:
Collecting Personal Information
The site www.infosys-science-foundation.com nomination form requires you to give us contact information like your name, address, phone number and email address.
- providing our services to users, including the display of customized content;
- providing audits, research and analyses in order to maintain, protect and improve our services and technologies;
- aiding the development of new services;
- making services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- operating and improving our site to deliver the services you have requested. These uses may include providing you with more effective customer service. and
- for sending you information about the Infosys Science Foundation. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings by writing to us at ISF@infosys.com.
Personal information collected on www.infosys-science-foundation.com may be stored and processed in India, and by using the www.infosys-science-foundation.com site or service you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
This site contains links to other sites. Infosys Technologies Ltd. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
When you visit www.infosys-science-foundation.com, we may record some standard information about your visit. This information helps us to measure the popularity of our documents and to understand how traffic flows through our site as well as to assist us in planning new content materials. We do not create individual profiles of visitors but only collect aggregate data.
These server logs include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, referring webpage, plug-ins installed, screen size, search terms and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
The log files are analysed by standard Web analytics programs. In this process the information is non-personalized. We do not track individual visits unless our security is violated.
The log files are retained for as long as is necessary to perform the analysis described above, but in no case for a period longer than 18 months.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and/or alteration of information under our control. The data resides behind a firewall, with access restricted to authorized Infosys personnel.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact ISF@infosys.com.